I started this blog with a weight loss challenge to myself to get healthy. A challenge to get back in shape, to lose weight, and to identify strategies and techniques that I can use to maintain that healthier lifestyle. As I tackle these challenges I will link to them here as an index.
Challenge #1 – Weight Loss
Challenge #1 – Weight Loss Journey: My first challenge was starting this weight loss journey. I had over 100 pounds to lose. Learn more about where I was when I started and how far I have come with weekly updates.
- View all posts in my Weight Loss challenge
- Starting My Health Journey
- Day 1
- Crafting a Plan to Lose Weight
- This is what it is all about
- One week in…
- The gauntlet has been thrown…
- Week 2 – Running Out of Ningxia Red
- Week 3 Results Are In…
- Week 4 Results
- Here Is What I’m Eating To Lose 17 Pounds in 4 Weeks
- Drop a Pant Size in Just 4 Weeks?
- Week 5 Results
- 40 Days Without Soda
- Week 6 Results – Giving Thanks
- Week 7 Results
- Week 8 Results
- Week 9 Results – Losing Weight Eating Pizza
- Week 10 Results
- Week 11 Results
- Weight Loss Update
- Week 12 Results – 2017 Goals
- Week 13 Results – Where Should We Go?
- Week 14 Results – Progress Review
- Week 15 Results
- Week 16 Results
- Week 17 Results – A Look Back
- 120 Days Without Soda
- Week 18 Results
- Week 19 Results – Apps I’m Loving
- Week 20 Results
- Week 21 Results – Collecting Data and Apple Watch
- Week 22 Results
- Week 23 Results – Oh Those Girl Scout Cookies
- Week 24 Results – Hitting 20%
- Week 25 Results – Building a Fire Pit
- Week 26 Results – 6 Months
- Week 27 Results – Products vs Processes
- Week 28 Results
- Week 29 Results
- Week 30 Results
- Week 31 Results
- Week 32 Results – 5 Day Cleanse Round 2
- I Dropped 10 Pant Sizes in Less Than 8 Months
- Week 33 Results
- Week 34 Results
- Week 35 Results
- 250 Days Without Soda
- Week 36 Results
- Week 37 Results
- Week 38 Results
- Week 39 Results – 9 Months
- Week 40 Results
- Week 41 Results
- Week 42 Results – Going Sugar-Free
- Week 43 Results – Failure is an Option
Challenge #2 – Giving Up Soda
Challenge #2 – Giving Up Soda: The empty calories in soda add up fast and I struggle to control myself. I identified giving up soda as the first thing to give up in getting control back.
- View all posts in the Giving Up Soda challenge
Challenge #3 – Exercise Program
Challenge #3 – Exercise Program: Three weeks after I started this journey I felt like I was ready to take on a more regular exercise routine so my challenge was to do ‘two-a-days’ each day for 5 days.
- View all posts in the Exercise Program challenge
Challenge #4 – 5 Day Cleanse
Challenge #4 – 5 Day Cleanse: I never thought I would do a cleanse, but in the spirit of challenges, why not? My friend Warren at LimeLizard did this cleanse this week and watching how it went for him was extra motivation so I decided to give it a try.
- View all posts in the 5 Day Cleanse challenge
Challenge #5 – Sugar Free Challenge
Challenge #5 – Sugar Free Challenge: Over the holidays I gave in to the craving for sugar too often and I needed a boost to get my weight loss moving again. I decided that 5 days without sugar would be a good challenge.
- View all posts in the Sugar Free challenge
Challenge #6 – Slique Challenge
Challenge #6 – Slique Challenge: In an effort to reach my personal nutritional goals, I took on a challenge to try incorporating some of the Young Living Slique products in my daily routine: Slique Shake, Slique CitraSlim, Slique Essence, and Slique Bars.
- View all posts in the Slique challenge
Challenge #7 – 5 Day Cleanse Round 2
Challenge #7 – 5 Day Cleanse Round 2: I never thought I would do a cleanse, and now I’m doing a second one. Looking back over the first 6 months of my journey, I believe that the cleanse was crucial in learning how to deal with emotional issues with food.
- View all posts in the 5 Day Cleanse Round 2 challenge