This week I lost 1.1 pounds. My weight loss is still going in the right direction, and I have lost a total of 15.2 pounds. I’m finding that my pants are a little loose and I am able to do more each week with my physical activity. This image is from the app that connects to the scale I’m using and shows some of the extra data I get with it. In addition to the weight, I have taken 1.9 points off my BMI and have lost 1.4% body fat. I’m not sure what the margins are for the extra data, but it shows I have also lost 4.8 pounds of lean mass and 5.3 pounds of muscle mass – that is something I need to keep an eye on, so I’m really glad to have this data. In fact, now that I have written this, I’m going to go out and hit the weights today! Motivation… 🙂
All this data is really something I like having. I mentioned that I got a new scale in my Day 1 post. Overall, I am really liking this scale for a number of reasons:
- It was easy to setup and, once it is setup, is really easy to use.
- I can get on the scale each morning (half asleep still) and not even bother to look. I know I can see the charts and details in my app later that day and the data is stored over time as well.
- The upper limit for the scale was 400 pounds, unlike most every other scale I looked at. When you are nearly 350 pounds, stepping on a scale that tops at 300 or even 350 is useless and can sometimes destroy the scale.
- It supports 10 users, so my wife can use it as well with her own app.
- The app (at least for iOS, I haven’t tried the Android one) is easy to use and has great chart options to see trends for all the data collected.
If you are looking for a new scale, I definitely recommend it!
I weighed in today at pounds. Here are all the additional details from my iHealth Core wireless scale:
|Category||Started At||Today||Total Change||Goal|
|Weight||343.2 lbs||328.0 lbs||-15.2 lbs||240 lbs
(NIH suggests 200)
|Lean Mass||216.2 lbs
|76%-82% of weight|
|Body Water||41.6%||42.9%||+1.3%||37%-63% of weight|
|Muscle Mass||201.0 lbs
|>35% of weight|
|DCI||3799 kcal||3657 kcal||-142 kcal||n/a|
|Bone Mass||10.3 lbs||10.1 lbs||-0.2 lbs||n/a|
Continue on to the Week 4 Results:
or head back to the first post: Starting My Health Journey